The Apple Shuffle

Today I thought I'd take part in a popular blog meme and put my i-pod on shuffle and share with you, dear reader, the first ten songs that play.  Oh what gems may be unearthed in the next ten minutes....But I shouldn't be apprehensive, right? I should be proud of my sound selection, shouldn't I? I should be most willing to impose my perfect playlist onto you, don't you think? Well.... I'll let you make your own mind up after you've had a looky here...

1. Song: Part One, Artist: Band of Horses, Album: Everything all the Time
(Ah....did anyone else know that the lyrics to the song sometimes scroll up on the i pod screen when you press play? Coz I didn't!  How cool is that?)
Lyric sample:  "The bottom the earth i have to fall, but you really caught me, you really caught me, dear
at the bottom where I'd fallen".
Comment: Just recently got into this charming lil band.  Lovely song.

2. Song: Be Mine, Artist: David Gray, Album: David Gray Greatest Hits
Oh! (At the risk of sounding like Ive had a few too many wines on the dancefloor...) I loooove this song!
Lyric sample: "knock me over stone cold sober, not a thing i could say or do
'cos baby when i'm walking with you now, my eyes are so wide
like you reached right into my head, and turned on the light inside"
Comment: David Gray is the shiz.

3. Song: Lovesong, Artist: The Cure, Album: The Cure Greatest Hits (Disc 1)
Lyric sample: "whenever I'm alone with you you make me feel like i am home again, whenever i'm alone with
you you make me feel like i am whole again"
Comment: Wohoo.  The Cure.  Nuff said.

4. Song: I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, Artist: Arctic Monkeys, Album: Whatever People, Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Lyric sample: "I wish you'd stop ignoring me because you're sending me to despair, 
Without a sound yeh you're calling me and I don't think it's very fair
That your shoulders are frozen (as cold as the night) Oh, but you're an explosion (You're dynamite)"
Comment: Best for dancing like a maniac, playing air drums and singing into your hairbrush.  
When no one else is home.

5. Song: Hand in My Pocket, Artist: Alanis Morissette, Album: Jagged Little Pill
Lyric sample: " I'm high but I'm grounded, I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed, I'm lost but I'm hopeful"
Comment: Haha! Yes, I AM still listening to Alanis and NO I am NOT ashamed by this at all.  Her first album was the best.  I hear she is married these days and her music now sucks coz she isnt angry at the world anymore...Ah well, you live, you learn... (see what I did there?)

6. Song: Green Eyes, Artist: Coldplay, Album: A Rush of Blood To The Head
Lyric sample: "Honey you are the sea , Upon which I float
And I came here to talk , I think you should know , That green eyes, you’re the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind"
Comment: Yusss!!!! This is my fave song from Chris et al. I have green eyes.  Eat it, Gwyneth.

7. Song: I'm Yours, Artist: Angus & Julia Stone, Album: Heart Full Of Wine (EP)
Lyric sample: "Hope, oh what a funny word, wasn't like I was expecting all this falling down, I sit by the window, watching the air that you breathe, so far away"
Comment: Wickedly talented Aussie duo.  Wish they'd come over and pay us a visit!

8. Song: Blue, Artist: Regina Spektor, Album: Far
Lyric sample: "And all the gods and all the worlds, began colliding on a backdrop of blue.  Blue lips,Blue veins.Blue,The color of our planet from far, far away."
Comment: I saw Regina at Glastonbury and she well and truly rocked it.  Crazily amazing pianist and quirky lyrics to boot.  Samson is my fave Regina song.

9. Song: Blinding, Artist: Florence and The Machine, Album: Lungs
Lyric sample: "Seems that I have been here, in some dreaming state, I tossed in the waking world, never quite awake, No kiss, no gentle word could wake me from this slumber,
Till I realise that it was you who held me under
Comment: I want to be just like Florence when I grow up. 

10. Song: Diamonds and Gold, Artist: Tom Waits, Album: Rain Dogs
Lyric sample:   "There's a hole in the ladder, A fence we can climb, Mad as a hatter, You're thin as a dime
Go out to the meadow, The hills are agreen, Sing me a rainbow, Steal me a dream"
Comment: A friend of mine introduced me to the musical wonder that is Tom Waits.  Try it.  I'm now never without him on my play list.

So.......
(awkward silence)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Cant believe I found another person that did this challenge - thought I was one of the only crazy ones left to attempt it.
    Love every one of your picks by the way (and am slowly creeping my way through your music list… think I may have to write a post in your honour soon) x

    ReplyDelete